1. You’ve watched all six series of the L Word, and whilst you call recall all sex scenes in detail you can’t remember any of the storylines from season 2.
2. You can convince yourself that any powerful female character in a drama is a lesbian just waiting to come out of the closet.
3. You know who Tegan and Sara are.
4. You don’t notice guys looking at you because you’re too busy ogling the woman in front of you.
5. You’re always on the lookout for lesbian films on Amazon.
6. You embarrass yourself by yelling out “Ohh she was in the L Word” when watching a straight drama with people who have never heard of it.
7. You’re talking to a beautiful woman and realise you haven’t heard a word she said, and now she’s looking at you strangely.
8. You pretend to be annoyed that Madonna goes around snogging other women but you have to check out the video anyway.
9. You give waitresses bigger tips than waiters.
10. You spend months trying to convince yourself that the hot woman at work isn’t straight, and that she’s just waiting for you to show her the errors of her ways.
11. Just the words Jennifer Beals get you feeling all a bit hot and bothered.
12. You embrace women for that little bit longer than any straight woman would.
13. Your heart fell out of your chest and hit the floor when you heard Angelina Jolie was going to marry Brad Pitt and not you.
14. You realise your CD collection is made up completely of female artists.
15. You stopped going to the gym because you kept falling off the treadmill having been distracted by all the hot women around you.
Photo by Marco Gomes.